Come Work With Us
We are excited to provide the opportunity for individuals to learn the inner workings of our small farm business. We are a young, highly motivated farm that is committed to sustainable and organic practices. We are a small enough farm that your presence will have an impact, but large enough to be financially sustainable. We believe that the size of our farm is ideal for individuals wanting to learn how to vegetable farm on a small scale, as we do most things by hand with limited tasks done by mechanization.
There will be countless ways to learn ALL aspects of farming:
- Greenhouse production: seeding, spotting, irrigation, plant identification, and succession planting.
- Harvesting and packing: harvesting, washing, sorting, quality control, and storage requirements.
- Soil fertility and pest management.
- Marketing: CSA, wholesale accounts, and farmers markets.
- Field work: field preparation, transplanting, drip irrigation set-up, and weeding.
In addition to the hands-on education, you will receive:
- $2,000 monthly stipend.
- On-farm housing.
- 5 paid vacation days and 5 paid sick days
- Field trips: This region has a strong community of sustainable farms. We are friends and neighbors with farms who have intern programs, encouraging the exchange of information and experience through farm tours.
- Produce from the farm.
- Discussions and readings: We will work together a majority (7+ hours) of the work day. This allows ample opportunities for discussion about the specific tasks we are doing and questions that might arise. We also have quite a few reference books, as well as articles and publications that you will have access to.
Skills and qualities desired:
* Strong work ethic
* Serious interest in agriculture
* Ability to physically work long hours
* Attention to detail
* Communication skills
* Sense of humor